Welcome to Faithology Religion Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Does Your Religion Explains Why Do We Have Different Races?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

joeldgreat

joeldgreat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Though we only have one race (that is the Human race), we do have different skin color and other physical characteristics. The Bible does not explicitly explain this, so I am asking other religious groups if they have some explanation on this.

Leaders of our religion only speculate that when God confused the languages at the tower of Babel (Genesis 11:1-9), He also created a racial diversity. Other also speculate that God made some genetic changes to humanity in order for them to adopt and survive to different types of environment (as African do have dark skin in order to survive the excessive heat in Africa).

But, this explanation are only speculation and there is no biblical basis for this view. Maybe your religion do have an explanation for this.

mogenblue

mogenblue

Dutch Spirit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
The knowledge that I live by now certainly has explanations for different races. I would like to emphasize that they are certainly not meant to be racial.

My knowlegde is based on the books of Jozef Rulof. Jozef was an instrument for the Masters of Light from the afterlife. Those Masters have written a series of books through him.
In the study book The Origin of the Universe they showed that our evolution did not start here on Earth but on another and that it not ends here but that we have to go to a number of next planets as well to continue our evolution. This is necessary for the development of our physical and spiritual organism. That development goes much slower then I thought it did.

When humans arrive here on Earth they start in the woods. They are the primitives of this planet, very close to nature. As there development continues they go by rebirth from one place on Earth to another to gradually build on the physical and spiritual organism. You need thousands of incarnations for your development.

The final organism is the white organism. So you would expect that everybody has their last incarnation as a white being. Well things are much more complicated. The races have mixed with each other for one thing so the purity of every race has degraded very much.
Also when you come to Earth the Earth pushes you to first follow the path that is destined for you. During that travel you naturally make many mistakes that must be made up for, Karma. So after you have completed your initial journey you then begin to make up for all the mistakes you have made in the previous lives. Therefore it is very well possible that your last life on Earth is not in a white organism. It could be any organism. It just depends on how the workings of Karma saw fit that you solved your previous errors.

This is in a very small nutshell what I have learned about racial diversity. It is a natural phenomena necessary for the evolution of mankind. So this is also a reason why it is important to leave space on Earth for primitive races to live their own lives. Because there are still many millions of people from previous planets that have to come here too.

Only by serving and loving the life of God, the human being conquers his Universe
mogenblue.org

themdno

themdno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
I do not even begin to have an understand of why we have different races. I'm just assuming that people evolving in different areas have slight genetic differences, they deal with climatorial differences, and many other factors.

After years of experiencing a condition, the human body has defense mechanisms written in. So, regardless of were you travel to, you are born with the experiences of your ancestors, and they dictate things about our races.

MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationVirtual World
For me this question is just one of the many facts that have put into jeopardy my religious beliefs, because Catholicism is far from teaching me many facts that I always needed to know.

It might not be all the Catholicism, but the way it works in my country; where people are taught to attend mass at least on Sundays, but there are no pastoral schools to guide people; answer to this question was not explained to me, as either to my parents nor my grandparents.

There is too much of God that I still ignore, and while reading the Bible can be revealing, there are still so many questions in my mind with no answer.

LevelPlatForum, bringing your life up to a new level!

KennyK

KennyK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Why religion would have to give answers to all questions? I've never understood why people need answers to all questions. We can perfectly live our life and get by without looking for all those answers.

unarmedthinker

unarmedthinker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 897 posts
Well, there are Christians who believe we are all descendents of Noah and his wife, I don't agree with this nonsense. We have different races because of our evolutionary journey across the planet. Groups of humans spread out to different parts of the world, different environments. The varying geographic areas produced the genetic variation in skin colour we see today. Science can explain why we have different races.

Sandra Piddock

Sandra Piddock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationSpain
I tend to agree with Unarmedthinker. I'd say evolution is responsible for the races, adapting to various climatic conditions, and probably the process of breeding. As peoplr travelled around and mated with people from other regions, then settled down and formed communities, new races and cultures would be created. This has nothing much to do with religion, but everything to do with man and his movements.
Want to read what I write about? Go to http://http://www.he...om/users/303964 My Helium Home Page

taskeinc

taskeinc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
Religion and the Bible are not the methods that should be used to identify race or why there are different races. The Bible is a book that was written over 2000 years ago by people who thought the world was flat. These individuals didn't know anything about space, time relevancy, and had absolutely no clue where life would be, or how it would progress, over the next 200 years, let alone, 2000 years. And the so-called biblical prophecies were all created by man. Many of the predictions that supposedly "came true," were simply authors who read the Old Testament, and wrote outcomes to match what was predicted, in the New Testament.

Therefore, to go to the Bible to find out about why there are different races, or to consider religion as an option to find that answer would be like going to a Dr. Seuss book to find information about thermodynamics.

AmazingUniverse.info

Mans

Mans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
God tells in Quran he has created people with various race and national identity to be known ( as every families with various specification)

omarfw

omarfw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Though we only have one race (that is the Human race), we do have different skin color and other physical characteristics. The Bible does not explicitly explain this, so I am asking other religious groups if they have some explanation on this.

Leaders of our religion only speculate that when God confused the languages at the tower of Babel (Genesis 11:1-9), He also created a racial diversity. Other also speculate that God made some genetic changes to humanity in order for them to adopt and survive to different types of environment (as African do have dark skin in order to survive the excessive heat in Africa).

But, this explanation are only speculation and there is no biblical basis for this view. Maybe your religion do have an explanation for this.

The human race is a species, not a race like the nickname implies.

As far as I know the bible has no explanation for the different races since the bible is focused around events in the middle east and nowhere else. The people who wrote it had no knowledge of other races much different than theirs because no other races had been discovered.

My beliefs don't give any explanation for this because you don't need religious belief to explain evolution. You just need a religion that doesn't claim something irrefutable like evolution doesn't happen.

Amalia

Amalia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

I prefer the scientific explanation. People in Africa have dark skin because of the sun and heat. Eskimos or the Inuit have smaller eyes because of the day-night alternation etc. As far as I know, the Tower of Babel refers only to language, not racial diversity.

ghanashyam

ghanashyam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

This is something said in our HIndu Ideology though I, myself, could not understand it correctly.
It said like this " In the times of Maha Ratri, ( the infinite night), The Brahma ( The Creator) said I AM ONE AND LET ME BE MANY and then from infinity of Maha Ratri, the finite world came into existence.
Some scholar should explain it, probably we with a small mind could not digest what HE said.

Victor Leigh

Victor Leigh

Just a happy wanderer in cyber space.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationThailand

God tells in Quran he has created people with various race and national identity to be known ( as every families with various specification)

You are right. I think the transliteration of the end of that ayat is "lita arafu" which translates, roughly, as "so as to know each other". So the whole idea of people being of different races is not so that they can quarrel and fight with each other but rather to get to know each other and live together in peace and harmony.

R. Paradon

R. Paradon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • LocationThailand

"...rather to get to know each other and live together in peace and harmony.

What happened?

I think we have diverse colors because of our environment.. But I like the Quran version...sounds nice.
If I make one person smile or feel better every day then I have done my job as a human.

Mans

Mans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

You are right. I think the transliteration of the end of that ayat is "lita arafu" which translates, roughly, as "so as to know each other". So the whole idea of people being of different races is not so that they can quarrel and fight with each other but rather to get to know each other and live together in peace and harmony.

Thank you victor, what I quoted was an indirect quote of Quran but I tried translate it relevant to that blessed ayeh ( but indirectly)

Wisefirst

Wisefirst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

I don't think God had to create a racial diversity at the tower of Babel. The diversity was already taking place encoded in our genes. God finished creating everything in 6 days. Now, I believe, like you said, the human race is just one and the little differences in colors, hair, etc. came after several groups separated from one another and the genetic information did what it does.

Remember the Bible states that creatures reproduce after their kinds. We are the human kind, and we have all these diversities that God gave us at the beginning.

Victor Leigh

Victor Leigh

Just a happy wanderer in cyber space.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationThailand

Thank you victor, what I quoted was an indirect quote of Quran but I tried translate it relevant to that blessed ayeh ( but indirectly)

You have done a good thing. I am not saying that you have made any mistake. Your translation does give a good idea of the meaning of the ayeh. Now if only more people would take that ayeh and practice what it says. Then we can look forward to a more peaceful world.

Rebus2666

Rebus2666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
Well it's really just science. Unless you truly believe the world is 6000 years old, religion really has nothing to do with the different races. It's how we as humanity, in different areas of the world adapted and evolved separately. Think of it as a tree branching out from one initial area (thought to be Africa). Climates affect us greatly, and as such a race over hundreds of thousands of years in the desert will evolve differently than that of one in the snowing mountains. People moved out all over the world once the unique experience of evolution took its course. I'm not saying God didn't create us in some indirect way, but science seems to tell us that it wasn't straight up man and woman. I've always thought it must be that he started a chain of events, knowing we would arrive the way we did.

kate23

kate23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
I think that after we were created we ended up evolving over thousands of years, just as animals, plants, bacteria, fungus, etc, etc does. All living things can evolve to better fit their environment, humans are no different. If we started out in Africa, I guess we all looked like Africans and then slowly evolved over many years after we left and traveled to other lands.

BarryLejieg

BarryLejieg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
First of all, I am a Muslim. My religion doesn't divide anyone based on racial differences. Therefor it doesn't state anywhere that this is why there are all these races.

Since the races are not so important in our religion, the importance of why we have so many races is also insignificant. My religion accepted all the races from the beginning of our religion and I am very proud of that since many of other religions did not except other races (such as black people in Christianity).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users