Welcome to Faithology Religion Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Do All Satanists Automatically Go To Hell?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

sidney

sidney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts
It is stated in the 10 Commandments that the Lord is the only God that we should worship and we should have no other Gods aside from Him. But since Satanism obviously does not praise God and teaches beliefs and values that are the exact opposite of what God teaches, then would it be safe to assume that once you turned your back on God and decided to follow the "enemy", then you automatically go to hell? Or is there a way for you to still be saved even when you do not praise and acknowledge God?

MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationVirtual World
Interesting question indeed because it is supposed that heaven is God's realm and Hell is obviously Satan's place so if Satanists worship their Infernal Lord, it would be obvious expect to go hell after death.

However the real answer is something that we won't probably ever know, specially all of us who are not Satanists, but probably they will have their own answer when the time comes up.

LevelPlatForum, bringing your life up to a new level!

Anna Usorova

Anna Usorova

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts
This is a question that many would argue for sure. I personally feel that may go to hell just because of their belief system. It is truly unfortunate to believe in something like this because you must ask yourself this first "what made them start believing in such a thing?", "was it something in their life that triggered it?". This is the only conclusion that I could come up with but it is still not worthy enough to be a reason in believing such things.

dbersales

dbersales

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
While there's life, there's hope. The blood shed by the Lord Jesus Christ can set anyone free from anything that's holding them in bondage - as long as they turn to God while there is still time. And this forgiveness applies to anyone - even to those who belong to the "enemy" camp, provide they truly repent and start walking in the opposite direction.

For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!
Romans 5:10

MTHart

MTHart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
I think you need to step back and take a little trip into some research realm. Mostly because you need to know what a Satanist is versus the stereotype. I ended up doing a bit of research because of another forum I was participating in and let me just say don't follow the Christian stereotype of what a Satanist is.

First of all, like all religions you have the extremists These are people that take the idea of Satan as being the carnation of evil and taking it to the maximum level. Secondly, you need to consider all the history behind the shape of "Satan". A lot of other religions, mine included, were picked apart, tried, and destroyed because it was thought that they worshiped the so called "devil". In a lot of cases gods such as Ba'al were taken and painted as another face to some demonic force when in fact he was regarded as a god of fertility, thunder, and even a lord of heaven. Now most people associate him as some kind of evil-devil figure. Other figures such as Pan were even regarded with unease. Also, Christianity is the only religion that seems to paint Satan as the being of all evil. Islam just regards him as a kind of nuisance compared to other forces. Lastly, Satanism is a far more complex idea than you probably realize.

On one side of Satanism, you have the group that regards Satan as a figure of humans as they are. They aren't perfect, they aren't godly, and they aren't as sinful as some Christian sources say they are. We lust, greed and feel jealousy, but they regard that as normal and encourage people to just live a good life in this world. Don't worry so much about what is sinning and what isn't. Just be a good person. You also have another group that calls themselves Luciferism but I haven't gotten much information on that. Then, you have the other group. They're a more atheistic group that use Satan as a symbol but don't actually regard him as a being of evil and such.

So basically, who is to say that a specific religion is going to hell? Because you learned your back on God? Then by that definition it's not just Satanist people should be worried about but all religions that don't worship God. My whole point here is that I don't believe it is our right or anyone's right to judge a religion as bad or good without properly researching. Just recognizing something as evil by a stereotype is pretty bad.

BarryLejieg

BarryLejieg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
I believe that this is even worse than being an Atheist.

It's really absurd to be a Satanist. You believe that there is a God but still, you worship the Satan? I think it's very obvious and all the religions in the world agree that God it's the Almighty and will punish Satan too along with its followers, so yes I believe they all go to Hell.

claudine

claudine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts
To be honest, it would be easier for me to become a Satanist than to become a religious person. When I look around and see how cruel and wrong this world is, I'm so sure god would be evil if he existed. Somebody good wouldn't create something like this.
I don't believe Satanists will go to hell - I don't believe in hell.

Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong.
Oscar Wilde

Judas

Judas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
I think satanists will go to hell not because they are doing anything wrong but because "god" doesn't accept anything other than his religion Whilst I don't believe in god or hell when looking at it through the eyes of what a religious person would this is the conclusion I have come to.

tommymac

tommymac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

It's really absurd to be a Satanist. You believe that there is a God but still, you worship the Satan? I think it's very obvious and all the religions in the world agree that God it's the Almighty and will punish Satan too along with its followers, so yes I believe they all go to Hell.

To be fair, God hasn't really made a compelling case for why one shouldn't follow Satan, aside from the whole "burning in Hell" thing, which seems really contrived considering Satan was once a high angel and that we haven't heard his side of the story. Perhaps Satan is the Christian equivalent of Prometheus and wants to bring knowledge and power to humanity while God seems content to keep humanity as pets.

unarmedthinker

unarmedthinker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 897 posts
I don't believe in life after death or Satan or any of that mystical nonsense.

All Satanists are condemned to hell according to the word of God but I don't believe it is the word of God, I believe it is the word of man.

I know there are a few people who claim to have died and experienced hell but they are obviously insane.

ongoing

ongoing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Isn't satanism basically about living for yourself and pursuing pleasures of the flesh and what not? Or am I confusing that with something else? From what I know about satanism (which clearly isn't much) it seems that it isn't about being evil or sacrificing animals like they make it seem in the movies. I'd gathered that it was just about worshipping yourself and your own pleasure versus worshipping a God.

I could totally be wrong about that. But if I'm not and it is something along those lines, I don't think there is anything particularly evil about that. I think that "hell" is more of a set of circumstances that you go through/are born into in the next incarnation more than it's an actual place. Or rather, a better way of putting it would be that I believe hell is an experience, not a location. So I do believe in hell in some sense, and I do believe a satanist path could possibly lead there, but no more than any other path. I don't think hell is something we need to be "saved" from. I do think that the love of Jesus has the power to save and uplift people, but I think we are capable of doing that ourselves just by altering the mindset we have in this life and dealing with the things that are troubling our souls--so we aren't born into negative karma in the next life.

taskeinc

taskeinc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
Satan, like Heaven and Hell, is a figment of your imagination. Satan is a character straight out of most religious or holy books. He is no more real than Bugs Bunny. You have all fallen for one religious, archaic story or another. Planet Earth is less than a speck of dust in comparison with the rest of the universe. There are more stars (like our Sun, but many are much bigger.. Stars are Suns but father away) in the universe than there are grains of sand on every beach and every dessert in the world. Our Sun is just one of billions of Stars in the universe, and most have planets revolving around it, just as our Sun has planets revolving around it.

Satan, Heaven, and Hell, are simply stories created on this tiny little planet, as a way to manipulate the population. The 10 Commandments, as Sidney mentioned in his initial post, are plagiarized straight from the Egyptian Book of the Dead.

Your "beliefs" are concepts that were created by MAN, no more, no less. Satanic worshipers are no more going to hell than the Rev. Billy Graham, because it is a place that DOES NOT EXIST.

Certainly if you're living a life of destruction, murder, and mayhem, there's a price to pay, there are lessons you'll have to learn from a life of chaos, but what would a person, soul, spirit, energy (whatever you care to call it) learn from an eternity of burning? There would be no growth, there would be no learning, and essentially energy would be distinguished. The first law of thermodynamics, states, in simple terms, that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only converted from one form to another.

As long as you believe these archaic stories of death, doom, and eternal punishment, coupled with the fact that "energy flows where attention goes," when you meet your demise, your energy will flow toward a similar matrix, quite possibly this very same, primitive thinking environment called Earth. You will be subjected to a similar existence, just like the one you just left. Why? Because you will have karmic issues to deal with, and your energy would have brought you back to the place more conducive to your being able to evolve.

It's tantamount to being in school; if you don't pass the 10th grade, you won't be able to just walk into Harvard and start taking classes, you have to go back and pass grades 10th through 12th, and then go to Junior College for awhile, and then have a shot at Harvard.

As long as you guys believe in, and conduct your lives according to these outdated doctrines, your energy will not gravitate toward a more peaceful, loving planet, and it's not God punishing you, it's based on the fact that ENERGY FLOWS WHERE ATTENTION GOES. This universal guideline is not hindered or altered by a physical earthly demise.

AmazingUniverse.info

omarfw

omarfw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
According to the bible, anyone who isn't a straight christian is going to hell automatically. So that would include satanists obviously.

sidney

sidney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

This is a question that many would argue for sure. I personally feel that may go to hell just because of their belief system. It is truly unfortunate to believe in something like this because you must ask yourself this first "what made them start believing in such a thing?", "was it something in their life that triggered it?". This is the only conclusion that I could come up with but it is still not worthy enough to be a reason in believing such things.

I think some people do it to gain money and power, just like the Rockefellers, who are self proclaimed Satanists. I think being a Satanist has many variations, and if you are deeply into it, then you might get money and fame in exchange for your soul. According to rumors, that's how the Rockefellers got rich. And all the people who are in the Illuminati are Satanists. There is actually a bloodline of Satanists, if you google "13 Satanic Bloodlines" then you will see many results.

SamSelim

SamSelim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

This is spot on with what I believe. Your question initially was "Do all satanists automatically go to hell?". So I'm going to assume you believe in Heaven and Hell and answer accordingly. Satanists acknowldge God's existance but choose to worship Satan. If God is the one who ultimately decides who goes to Heaven or Hell, then please someone explain to me by what logic would He send a Satanist, someone who knows God exists but willingly CHOOSES to reject him and worship his ENEMY, why would he send that Satanist to Heaven to dwell with God for eternity?

The Satanist has already made it clear he wants absolutely nothing to do with God. Would God FORCE an eternity on the Satanist with in Heaven with God? I think not!
I believe that Satanists are in a more privilaged position than Athiests, for example, because they already acknowledge the spiritual realm and have made their choice, sadly the wrong one. I believe that all Satanists will go to hell

MTHart

MTHart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

This is spot on with what I believe. Your question initially was "Do all satanists automatically go to hell?". So I'm going to assume you believe in Heaven and Hell and answer accordingly. Satanists acknowldge God's existance but choose to worship Satan. If God is the one who ultimately decides who goes to Heaven or Hell, then please someone explain to me by what logic would He send a Satanist, someone who knows God exists but willingly CHOOSES to reject him and worship his ENEMY, why would he send that Satanist to Heaven to dwell with God for eternity?

The Satanist has already made it clear he wants absolutely nothing to do with God. Would God FORCE an eternity on the Satanist with in Heaven with God? I think not!
I believe that Satanists are in a more privilaged position than Athiests, for example, because they already acknowledge the spiritual realm and have made their choice, sadly the wrong one. I believe that all Satanists will go to hell

The only problem I have in this is that you're assuming the Satanists worship Satan as being an angel in which God casts out. However, actual Satanists, worship human life rather than focusing on the afterlife. They focus mainly on the here and now. Satanists are also a branch or connected to atheists who use Satan as a symbol of their anti-Christian/organized religious beliefs. Neither see Satan as an angel cast out by God but rather as a symbol of their own beliefs.

Also, Satan is a broad term applied to way too many other religious figures. I've already named Ba'al and I've also named Pan. You also find Odin and some other gods listed as relation to Satan. At some point, you will even here people relating Hecate towards Lilith and making her Satan's wife. You can also argue that Satan isn't God's enemy or only enemy. Islam and several religions don't even acknowledge Satan as the main evil, but rather focus on the sin within humans.

Plus, your use of God is a little vague. Being that, are you saying those that worship the Christian God is the only one able to enter heaven? There's other religions that worship a God who they will refer to as the God or simply, God.

What I'm getting at here, is we shouldn't just condemn a religion. Maybe you can mentally, but you cannot condemn one religion without understanding or seeing what it truly stands for. It's like assuming all who follow Islam will seek out and kill any religion that isn't Islamic, or that Catholics will molest children or that Christians will burn those that speak out against God.

dbersales

dbersales

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

You also have another group that calls themselves Luciferism but I haven't gotten much information on that. Then, you have the other group. They're a more atheistic group that use Satan as a symbol but don't actually regard him as a being of evil and such.

This is quite a revelation to me. I thought Satanism and Luciferism are one and the same. And also about this third group you mentioned in passing that is leaning more toward atheism, what is its name? Is there anybody here who can explain the similarities and differences of these aforementioned groups?

sidney

sidney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts
@ MTHart, You said that they worship human life? They should not worship human life because the only one that we should worship is God. I'm guessing that the main principle of Satanism is hedonism. Well, I'm not really condemning any religion, but in my book, if you worship Satan, Lucifer, or basically the dark side and you do not want to accept God as the ruler of heaven and Earth, then you automatically go to hell. That is not the treatment that the Lord deserves, especially when He sent His only son to suffer for our sins and He let Him die on the cross.

taskeinc

taskeinc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
Instead of asking the question, "Do all Satanist go to hell?" You may as well ask the question, do all those who don't believe the Bible to be the word of God, or, if you don't believe in Jesus, or the Christian story, do these souls go to hell? Because, according to archaic scriptures and the general consensus of all "believers", you're going to Hell anyway. Although believers are very quick to add, "but I don't judge, only God judges." This statement is always added to cover their canonical tracks; to cover all ecclesiastical bases, in an effort to let their God know, "see, I'm not being judgmental."

If you research the origins of Hell, directly from the scriptures, you will clearly see that in the Old Testament, Hell is a translation of the Hebrew word "Sheol." The word "Sheol" occurs sixty-four times; it's listed as "Hell" thirty-two times, "grave" twenty-nine times, and "pit" three times. It has no reference to a place of endless torment after death.

A material hell of fire, and torments by flame, were abandoned long ago. However, the myth has been kept alive by "fire and brimstone" preachers, out to make a profit from your ignorance.

In the New Testament, Hell translates to "Hades." The word occurs eleven times, and is rendered "grave" once, and "hell" ten times. The New Testament doctrine of Hell, when studied and viewed objectively, is not found to be an article pertaining to endless punishment.

Remember, "a mind is a terrible thing to waste," and the more you saturate your thoughts with outdated beliefs, written in a rudimentary, neophyte, primitive, 2000-year-old book, not only are you wasting your mind, but you're stifling creativity and corrupting the thoughts (especially children) of the people closest to you.

Unfortunately, a belief in eternal damnation is part of an endless cycle of injudiciousness, and historical religious conditioning. During the antebellum years of the United States, slaves were forbidden to learn how to read. If the slave was caught reading, or learning to read, he was put to death. The only book that was read to him was the Bible. Therefore, when he did learn to read, and when reading was no longer forbidden, what book did he read to his offspring? The Bible.

As a person of color, there is no excuse to fall prey to historical lies based on salvation, but that is what happens when a person, generation after generation, falls prey to hereditary brainwashing. There is a sarcastic adage that states, "if you want to hide something from a Black person, put it in a book" (I'm Black, by the way, so don't accuse me of being prejudice). This aphorism is not only true for African Americans but it's true for Caucasian Americans, and global citizens of the world. Regardless of our geographical location, or ethnic background, our collective, dumbed-down society, are victims to genealogical, spiritual practices and rituals, that usually starts on the very day we entered this world.

AmazingUniverse.info

PubD

PubD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCanada

I think some people do it to gain money and power, just like the Rockefellers, who are self proclaimed Satanists.

As far as I know, the Rockefellers were/are self-proclaimed Baptists. Are Baptists worshipping Satan these days?

It's pretty clear where John D.'s money came from. He was a pretty savvy and ruthless businessman, but there's no indication that some sort of incarnate evil being had anything to do with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users