Welcome to Faithology Religion Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Religious Quotes Regarding Finding A Mate

- - - - - dating relationships love marriage church religion husband wife

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

taskeinc

taskeinc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

We've all heard, "I'm looking for a God-fearing woman or a God-fearing man." What prompted this post was something I recently read, the lady writes, "A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to search Him first to find her." And I thought, "wow, that's original."

What are some other religious quotes you've heard or read regarding finding a mate?

AmazingUniverse.info

claudine

claudine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

I haven't heard of anything very special yet. As you probably can guess, I wouldn't like to date somebody very religious because it would be just hard for us to understand each other so I've always been avoiding people who say things like this ;)

Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong.
Oscar Wilde

AntiqueBeast

AntiqueBeast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

You know, I've never really understood the term "God-fearing".  It just seems like the reverse of everything the bible preaches about love.

Anyway, I got nothin'.  But your quote up top was great.

Parker

Parker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Some of my favorites. They aren't exactly religious though:

"Love never claims, it ever gives." --Mahatma Gandhi

"To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." --Lao Tzu

"A soulmate is an ongoing connection with another individual that the soul picks up again in various times and places over lifetimes. We are attracted to another person at a soul level not because that person is our unique complement, but because by being with that individual, we are somehow provided with an impetus to become whole ourselves." --Edgar Cayce

And for pure whimsy:

"Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly." -- Rose Franken

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be." --Lao Tzu

SkinTight

SkinTight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

“Love is rarer than genius itself. And friendship is rarer than love.” - Charles Peguy

“This love is silent.” - T.S. Eliot

“Perhaps love is the process of my leading you gently back to yourself” - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

“Love can sweep you off your feet and carry you along in a way you've never known before. But the ride always ends, and you end up feeling lonely and bitter. Wait. It's not love I'm describing. I'm thinking of a monorail.” - Jack Handy

“Every man is thoroughly happy twice in his life: just after he has met his first love, and just after he has left his last one” - Henry Louis Mencken

“I love thee, I love but thee With a love that shall not die Till the sun grows cold, And the stars grow old...” - Bayard Taylor

“There is a courtesy of the heart; it is allied to love. From its springs the purest courtesy in the outward behavior.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

“Drink and dance and laugh and lie, Love, the reeling midnight through, For tomorrow we shall die! (But, alas, we never do” - Dorothy Parker

R. Paradon

R. Paradon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • LocationThailand

You know, I've never really understood the term "God-fearing".  It just seems like the reverse of everything the bible preaches about love.

Yes, I think it would be a much better to be "God-Loving" "then God-Fearing".

If I make one person smile or feel better every day then I have done my job as a human.

R. Paradon

R. Paradon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • LocationThailand

Marriage is not finding the right person, it is being the right person. 

Anonymous

If I make one person smile or feel better every day then I have done my job as a human.

Regi

Regi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Locationmountain top

In my opinion, the words "god fearing" are used to describe someone who is faultlessly religious in every way. His or her dedication to their belief causes some people to think they're doing it because they fear him/her, not because they love, admire and worship.

sherwin07

sherwin07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Marriage is not finding the right person, it is being the right person. 

Anonymous

Marriage is about finding the right person. You can be the right person but if you fond the wrong person then your marriage will be filled with problems.

purplesea

purplesea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Man, I've seen some nice quotes. May have to use some here soon! I can't say I have any other than ones already posted.

sherwin07

sherwin07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

God Fearing refers to the power of God and what he is capable of doing. God is a Good and Gracious God but you have to remember that God has the power to destroy both body and soul. In the biblical days, God destroyed nations for their sin and fought battles for His people who honor him. The word fear is not be taken literally but it refers to being grateful to God rather than being afraid of Him.

Parker

Parker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Marriage is about finding the right person. You can be the right person but if you fond the wrong person then your marriage will be filled with problems.

If you are the right person, you will attract the right person. ;) It's all in the way you look at it.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be." --Lao Tzu

ghanashyam

ghanashyam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Marriage is such a thing that it takes almost full life to understand your partner and sometimes, only when the partner has departed you fully understand him/her.

With a departed wife, I have come to understand, nobody is perfect and that includes you.

artistry

artistry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Really, I don't know or remember any quotes regarding finding a mate. My thoughts on it are that both parties should be on the same page regarding their beliefs. Otherwise they will be going in vastly different directions. Faith should bring people together, giving them an understanding of what is the right thing to do. They should be united in their faith, which would make it much easier to stay married.

sidney

sidney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

It just means that when a person fears God, then he is more likely to be a good person as compared to someone who does not fear God. Those people who do not fear and acknowledge God will tend to not feel guilty doing bad things.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dating, relationships, love, marriage, church, religion, husband, wife

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users