I recently read a book "Sacred Pathways" by Gary Thomas, and it's interesting to know the different ways how people connect with God (This was also discuss in Rick Warren's book - The Purpose Driven Life).
In his book, Gary Thomas identifies 9 types of people..
1. Naturalists - Connects with God outdoors in a natural environment setting.
2. Sensates - Connects with God through their senses - hearing, seeing, touching, etc.
3. Traditionalists - Connects with God through religious rituals and practices.
4. Activists - Connects with God when he/she battles evils and injustices in the world.
5. Caregivers - Connects with God when he/she takes care of other people.
6. Enthusiasts - Connects with God through celebrations.
7. Contemplatives - Connects with God through adorations.
8. Intellectuals - Connects with God by studying the scriptures, laws, etc.
9. Ascetics - Connects with God through solitude and simplicity.
Different strokes for different folks. Personally, I think I'm a combination of no. 3, 5, & 9, and maybe this is the reason why I usually get bored when attending the mass. I also think that this is the reason why some people "hop" from one religion to another.
What do you think?