Welcome to Faithology Religion Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Nicki Minaj's New Song

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Drizzy

Drizzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Dear fellow Muslims (and other religious brothers and sisters)

I just heard about Nicki Minaj releasing a new song of hers which (is pathetic like all her other songs, and her face, and her personality) also has a line which is very offensive to Muslims. Apart from that she also insults Jamaican, Taiwanese people etc. I gave the song a listen and it was sh*t like all her other songs.

I'm sure noone likes their religion to be insulted publicly by a famous media personality. What has Nicki Minaj, Cash Money Records or the American media have to say about this?!

PS: The song is called 'Beam me up scotty' and can be found on Youtube.

Esperahol

Esperahol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationRight Behind You
"Assala malaikum where the fuck is akbar"

One very short line that hardly anyone is going to be able to understand nevermind remember... How is this really offensive to anyone nevermind a mentally balanced Muslim? The song is not especially insulting and I feel like you are blowing this out of proportions because you dislike her for some odd reason. I like her...well actually I like her glorious behind and to an extent her music. Also she is pretty and did I mention her glorious behind?

What

What

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Forgive her. She can't write a good rap song that makes sense. As soon as she thinks of something that rhymes and sounds good to her, it's part of the song.

Where the fuck is Akbar? If I were Muslim(which I might be), I wouldn't be offended. Why? Like I said, she thought of it and it sounded good to her. I urge you not to take anything that comes out of her multicolored lips seriously. Nobody else does. Why should you?

No images allowed? I'm sad.

pugskjj

pugskjj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
I personally don't understand rappers anyway. How can someone who talks about "slapping hoes" and "putting a cap in a cops a**" thank God in the same sentence and give God credit for their songs? I don't think any song should have anything to do with a God, or Allah, or anything else unless it is a gospel song, any other reference would be disrespectful...but then again I don't believe so maybe I just see it all different

What

What

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

I personally don't understand rappers anyway. How can someone who talks about "slapping hoes" and "putting a cap in a cops a**" thank God in the same sentence and give God credit for their songs? I don't think any song should have anything to do with a God, or Allah, or anything else unless it is a gospel song, any other reference would be disrespectful...but then again I don't believe so maybe I just see it all different

Don't generalize. A lot of rappers have meaningful songs. As a rapper, it's not a requirement to rap about slapping hoes and putting a cap in a cop's ass.

Drizzy

Drizzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

"Assala malaikum where the fuck is akbar"

One very short line that hardly anyone is going to be able to understand nevermind remember... How is this really offensive to anyone nevermind a mentally balanced Muslim? The song is not especially insulting and I feel like you are blowing this out of proportions because you dislike her for some odd reason. I like her...well actually I like her glorious behind and to an extent her music. Also she is pretty and did I mention her glorious behind?

Are you serious? You're actually asking me HOW that is offensive? Assalamualaikum is arabic for Peace be upon you. It is something that was taught to Muslims through the Quran. Those are God's word. I don't know if you believe in God or what religion you follow but if a rapper uses any reference to your religion in her song, would you not be offended? Why Muslims? I have never heard of any singer or rapper making fun of Christians or Jews for the record? Why Muslims? And then you say we are intolerant and make a mountain out of a molehill. This is our religion. It is not a joke.

spiritualone

spiritualone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Im not sure why people feel the need to poke at religion other than to get a reaction. Unfortunately by posting in a public forum you are spreading awareness and doing her a favor by providing free advertising which I assume is not what you are trying to do here. Id say she got what she was after, she is a shock and awe artist just like Lady GaGa, Madonna and the list could go on. You get offended and forbid your kids and grandkids from listening, it peaks their curiosity and they do listen just to see what the fuss is about. The forbidden fruit maybe? You can dislike and not agree with something but as soon as the outrage and uproar about this dies down what will she be left with other than ugly outfits and mass produced songs?

livvi

livvi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
I don't like Nicki Minaj either - not because she is potentially controversial but because she couldn't string a proper sentence together if she tried and she can't sing. I don't like Justin Bieber for pretty much the same reason. I don't know if her lyrics are offensive - I know a lot of her stuff is aimed to shock but you don't have to listen to it! and you most certainly do not have to buy it.

jovan107

jovan107

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • LocationUnited States
I think Nicki Minaj is just trying to be relevant again. Her music sucks and whats the best way to get people talking, why not try insulting a religious group. I would like to think she doesn't believe the things she raps about, but after all it is Nicki Minaj...yes she bees in the trap. I think posting and debating about her is part of the publicity she's looking for. She wants her name in the media to try and get some album sales.

HillbillyBone

HillbillyBone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
People like you are giving her the power to offend you. Other than that big ass, she is utterly useless to me and I put no value in anything she says. She could come right up to me and throw every insult in the book at me and I couldn't care less. She means nothing to me and I would not give her the power over me like you have.

What

What

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

People like you are giving her the power to offend you. Other than that big ass, she is utterly useless to me and I put no value in anything she says. She could come right up to me and throw every insult in the book at me and I couldn't care less. She means nothing to me and I would not give her the power over me like you have.

Agreed. Why take what a bigassed kindergarted rhyme artist says seriously? It's not even an insult, lmao. That line makes no sense at all.

"Peace be with you where the fuck is sign of the cross?"

New Topic started: Katy Perry's New Song

Esperahol

Esperahol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Are you serious? You're actually asking me HOW that is offensive? Assalamualaikum is arabic for Peace be upon you. It is something that was taught to Muslims through the Quran. Those are God's word. I don't know if you believe in God or what religion you follow but if a rapper uses any reference to your religion in her song, would you not be offended? Why Muslims? I have never heard of any singer or rapper making fun of Christians or Jews for the record? Why Muslims? And then you say we are intolerant and make a mountain out of a molehill. This is our religion. It is not a joke.

And? So she used a religious term - Madonna kissed Black Jesus and decided to call herself Madonna. Then she made a song misusing Kabala and totally embrassed that religion and everyone that practices it. Lady GaGa did that Alajhandros video and totally made me a bit uncomfortable with the washing of feet and Judas and I'm not sure of the point of it all. Basically compared to a lot of other people, having one line that passes by in like 4.2 seconds is nothing. I mean shouldn't you be more angry at like SouthPark or any number of newspapers or the worst parts of the internet? How about the skinheads and nazis running about shooting up temples they think belong to muslims? Also - I'm going to go ahead and assume you don't watch music awards. Look up the preformance this chick did at the last MTV awards... with the priests and the referances to Satanic prosession and her being half naked as always.

P.S. You just spent five minutes of your life ranting about some chick who probably doesn't even remember she put down this line. Nevermind you should be far more concerned about the Israelis screwing over the middle east and the skinheads shooting up temples. So, yes you are making mountains out of a molehill, and that's all.

What

What

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

And? So she used a religious term - Madonna kissed Black Jesus and decided to call herself Madonna. Then she made a song misusing Kabala and totally embrassed that religion and everyone that practices it. Lady GaGa did that Alajhandros video and totally made me a bit uncomfortable with the washing of feet and Judas and I'm not sure of the point of it all. Basically compared to a lot of other people, having one line that passes by in like 4.2 seconds is nothing. I mean shouldn't you be more angry at like SouthPark or any number of newspapers or the worst parts of the internet? How about the skinheads and nazis running about shooting up temples they think belong to muslims? Also - I'm going to go ahead and assume you don't watch music awards. Look up the preformance this chick did at the last MTV awards... with the priests and the referances to Satanic prosession and her being half naked as always.

P.S. You just spent five minutes of your life ranting about some chick who probably doesn't even remember she put down this line. Nevermind you should be far more concerned about the Israelis screwing over the middle east and the skinheads shooting up temples. So, yes you are making mountains out of a molehill, and that's all.

Nicki Minaj: It don't matter, people are talkin' bout me again. Hihihihihi u a stupid hoe

Esperahol

Esperahol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Nicki Minaj: It don't matter, people are talkin' bout me again. Hihihihihi u a stupid hoe

Exactly. A wordsmith she is not, and I'm okay with that. Truly she has a magnificent behind. I mean it is like perfect and I'm actually going a bit cross-eyed right now from all the blood leaving my brain.

HillbillyBone

HillbillyBone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

It is your choice to allow her music to offend you. For the million people who download her song, there are 100 million who don't even know her name. Things like this do not start holy wars but you are making it seem like she has purposely gone out of her way to show hatred towards your religious beliefs. It is one line in one song amoing billions of other songs that have ever been created.

You also have no stated how her usage has offended you. You are crying your eyes out that she offended you but I see no reason why you should be offended...because she used the word of God in her song with an expletive following it? I don't seem to see those lyrics saying anything negative about Muslims.

Bloomatic

Bloomatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
I think the insult or entity acquires the offense according to the person who does it. This singer, is just a woman trying to seek public attention and always does with songs controversies or have a secondary message. Of course the fact that these songs creates in people is subjective, and depends particularly on the sensitivity of each. I don't think the Muslim people will have to feel offended. However, this type of unnecessary manifestations in the world of music, that's not art. These are situations that lend themselves to confusion.

TheDenDragon

TheDenDragon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
There are two sides to this; On one hand, some people feel that Nicki Minaj shouldn't have used an important phrase from Islam in her song so flippantly, and on the other hand some people don't think it's that big a deal. I certainly do feel that we have more than enough ignorant singers, as well as other celebrities now days, that will say just about anything to incorporate into their song. Nicki Minaj certainly says a few things in the song that could be offense to groups (such as those who have issues with mental health when she mentions multiple personality disorder) and I don't think she should have just tossed an important Islamic phrase in there along with "who the fuck is Akbar." With that said, I firmly believe in the freedom of expression, so people can show the world how ignorant they are, and it gives us the choice to educate ourselves.

I urge those who feel that this isn't that big a deal to consider the fact that culturally, Muslims are more traditional and firm with what's acceptable and what's not. It's hard to place yourself in the same position and shrug it off as if it's no big deal, because to some, it is. It isn't a huge deal to me personally, but I don't think it's absurd for a Muslim to be offended.

Esperahol

Esperahol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

I urge those who feel that this isn't that big a deal to consider the fact that culturally, Muslims are more traditional and firm with what's acceptable and what's not. It's hard to place yourself in the same position and shrug it off as if it's no big deal, because to some, it is. It isn't a huge deal to me personally, but I don't think it's absurd for a Muslim to be offended.

Christians are can be just as traditional and firm - though generally we call them Fundies (short for fundamentalists). That said Lady Gaga's Alejahandro? Or this chick on the MTV awards mocking Catholism in specific and Christianity in general? Every rock group who wanted to be edgy being saying "f- Christ/God/Whatever" or talking about what they'd like to do with a cross? I mean Christanity gets dumped on alot and so seeing them take kicks to the figurative teeth all the time, having someone spaz out over one little line is just sort of absurd. I'm sorry it just looks petty and that is with all the cultural sensitivity in the world.

BarryLejieg

BarryLejieg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
I am a Muslim and of course I do not like that line. But I don't mind though since it's coming from such a low profile singer that has to do nothing with art.
Her music it's purely business and before she started insulting everyone else in that song, she first had a couple of really stupid songs such as "You a stupid ho", "Beez in a trap" etc.
So I don't really care what she has to say and I will never feel offended by anyone that it's offending herself every day with those new stupid songs.

MrBojangles7331

MrBojangles7331

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
For many people, the line "any attention is good attention" is a way of life. I think that the majority of people listening to the song don't fully understand the phrase -- it's mostly people familiar with the language recognizing it. I actually didn't know what it meant until I read this thread. While I think it's most definitely a poor choice of words, being very culturally insensitive, she might not have even written the lyrics. I know it's common for popular entertainers these days to have staff to assist in or totally write their lyrics. Personally, I would not sing such lyrics if they were written for me, though.

Can't say I'm a big fan of Nicki though. After being sent a link to the video "Stupid Ho" which nearly gave me a seizure, I haven't had much urge to listen to her other material.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users